2. European Internal Communications Web Conference
Digital Internal Communications
Our second European web conference focusses on the developments of internal communications not only in the context of the corona virus crisis, but also with regard to issues such as digitalisation, social intranets and collaboration in general.
To answer these questions and topics, we bring together speakers from different countries.
Best practice cases
Live polls during sessions
Conference live and on-demand
Organisation and coordination
Tel.: +49 (0) 30 479 89 789
Event location of the 2. European Internal Communications Conference
The conference takes place online via GoToWebinar.
Digital Internal Communications
New situations require innovative solutions!
With our impulse webinars, we offer you high quality events on a digital level.
Webinar sessions, panel discussions and keynote speeches provide insights into various issues currently driving internal communication.
Since each session stands on its own, you are free to follow individual webinars.
What to expect
You will learn from communication experts and receive useful tools for your daily work within the frame of the coronavirus crisis. We invite you to reflect on your own work and find some inspiration for your current projects and communication strategies!
Reasons to participate
Gather some new insights and reflect on your own work
Benefit from our experienced speakers
Take part in Q&A sessions and live polls
11.00 am – 11.30 am
Opening Keynote: Internal Communication Values
Why speed, simplicity, cost consciousness, authenticity and most importantly action, are critical if you want to engage, activate and inspire a large and diverse global work force.
Speaker: Guy Britt (IKEA)
11.45 am – 12.15 pm
Best Practice: Digital communications: the new normal
Points of discussion:
- Engaging with the employees in times of social distancing
- Humanizing digital communications
- Leveraging synergies between internal and external communications
Speaker: Julia Ortega (BBVA Microfinance Foundation)
12.30 pm – 1.15 pm
Insights: Clients do not come first. Employees come first
- An individual employee experience will become an elementary component of this.
- In order to survive in the future “War for Talent”, new paths must be taken.
- Not only Covid-19 makes the use of digital tools more important than ever.
Speaker: Jan-Eike Rosenthal (COYO)
1.30 pm – 2.00 pm
You always wanted to discover COYO “live”? Now you have the chance!
We’ll show you how to take your internal communication to the next level with our Social Intranet and employee app. Improve the interaction among your employees and accelerate the flow of information throughout the company. Join us on a journey through the most beautiful user interface a communication platform can have.
Speaker: Jan Marius Marquardt (COYO)
2.15 pm – 2.45 pm
Best Practice: Forward – the Ferrero Digital Workplace
- A new way to implement a digital workplace for the entire population
- The Ferrero way to implement the employee experience
- A combined solution to foster the new ways of working
Speaker: Sara Martinotti (Ferrero)
3.00 pm – 3.45 pm
Insights: Mastering your Internal Communication measurement in five practical steps
In this session, we will cover some practical steps to help you get started in measuring your internal communications. We will also cover why IC measurement is important and the IC friendly tools/models that will help.
Speaker: Advita Patel (CommsRebel)
3.00 pm – 3.45 pm
Insights: Digital internal communications and COVID-19: Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.
This insight-session will help participants
- Understand why digital needs to be kept in context when considering internal communications
- Deliver more human internal communications by considering digital and employees in parallel
- Appreciate why nurturing a human connection and a sense of belonging should be embraced when using digital internal communications
- Acknowledge the importance of employees’ feelings when implementing digital internal communications
- Make digital feel more relevant to employees and so facilitate adoption by crafting engaging use case-based stories
- Realise that humour can play an important role during times of COVID-19
Speaker: Dr. Darren Coleman (Wavelength Marketing)
4.00 – 4.45 pm
Insights: Internal communications in a remote world
- Covid-19 – internal communications in a remote world – how companies have recalibrated their internal communication to respond to the pandemic
- The tools they are using to reach their employees
- Messaging and development of content
- Use of media – digital platforms & intranet
- Examples of good engagement
Speaker: Nigel Heneghan (Heneghan)
4.00 – 4.45 pm
Insights: Staying on track – effective internal communications content planning
This session will provide attendees with practical methods for effective content planning
- Learnings from other communication disciplines
- Running an internal comms content planner alongside external activity
- Internal and external factors – distractions or additional value
- Questions to ask before you begin writing your content
Speaker: Dan Holden (Horizon Comms)
Managing Director, CommsRebel
CommsRebel encourages businesses to take the leap and revolutionise the way they communicate within their organisation by using effective measurement techniques and creative tools. Advita is also a qualified coach/mentor and works with teams and individuals to help them achieve their goals and build confidence.
Advita is a chartered PR practitioner, a Board Director and a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations.
Founder, Horizon Comms
Having experienced in his early career the frustrations of being a remote worker himself he’s spent his internal comms career to date working within organisations who need to communicate effectively with their remote based colleagues.
One challenge that he had to overcome in his early career was knowing where to go for help and advice, so he decided to do something about it and launched Horizon Comms. Through sharing practical content, resources and signposting to other sources of information Horizon Comms has grown to offer support and development to junior communication professionals.
Dr. Darren Coleman
Managing Consultant, Wavelength Marketing Ltd
Darren holds a PhD in B2B services brand marketing and is the founder of Wavelength Marketing. Wavelength specialises in helping services brands retain relevance through brand experiences. Darren is the author of Building Brand Experiences: A Practical Guide to Retaining Brand Relevance which has been translated into Korean (2020) and will be launched in Mandarin (simplified) during 2020. The first chapter of Building Brand Experiences can be downloaded here. Darren is the Honorary Consul for Lithuania in is home city of Birmingham, UK.
In his spare time Darren enjoys spending time with his wife and young family, playing tennis, motor boating, socialising, scuba diving, snoozing in his Mexican hammock, yoga and watching Birmingham City Football Club. Granted, some are far more enjoyable than others.
Darren tweets @onthewavelength, blogs here and his LinkedIn profile can be viewed here.
Product Marketing Manager, COYO
Jan Marius Marquardt
CEO & Founder, COYO
Internal Communications Manager, BBVA Microfinance Foundation
Managing Director – Heneghan www.heneghan.ie
Head of Group Internal Communication, Ferrero