General Terms and Conditions for Conferences, Workshops and Seminars – organized by SCM c/o prismus communications GmbH
§ 1 Scope of application
(1) These General Terms and Conditions apply to participation in events offered by the School for Communication and Management (SCM) within the framework of further education and qualification, as well as to the products offered here.
(2) The conditions of participation can be called up online at any time and will be sent as a paper printout on request.
(3) Insofar as these conditions of participation do not stipulate otherwise, the statutory provisions of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
§ 2 Conclusion of contract
(1) The applicant selects the event in which he/she would like to participate from the continuing education programme and clicks on the “Registration” button. After clicking on the “Registration” field, the applicant fills in all the information requested in the “Registration” dialog box displayed completely and correctly, acknowledges these General Terms and Conditions and declares his agreement with their validity as well as with the collection, processing and use of the data entered by him for the intended purpose. By clicking on the “Submit” button, the applicant bindingly declares that he/she wishes to participate in the selected event at the specified conditions.
(2) The SCM will immediately confirm receipt of the electronic registration to the participant by e-mail.
(3) After processing the registration, the participant will receive a confirmation of registration by E mail and a separate invoice by post.
(4) The content of the contract will be stored by SCM together with the present conditions of participation and will be sent to the applicant by E-mail upon request.
§ 3 Number of participants
The number of participants is usually limited. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. In case the participation is not possible due to overcrowding, we will inform you immediately.
§ 4 Participation fee
(1) The participation fee stated does not include VAT. The SCM does not take over the catering of the participants beyond the conference and seminar catering as well as the provision of possibly necessary overnight accommodations.
(2) Payments are to be made no later than 14 days after the invoice date without deduction, stating the invoice number, to the account stated on the invoice.
(3) A cancellation of the registration is only possible in writing. If the cancellation is made up to 28 calendar days before the start of the event, the participation fee will be refunded.
If the registration is cancelled up to 14 calendar days prior to the start of the event, 50 percent of the total participation fee shall be due, after which the participation fee shall be charged in full. In case of failure to participate, the participation fee will be charged in full. The receipt of the cancellation declaration by SCM is decisive.
(4) A substitute participant can be named at any time free of charge.
(5) A re-booking is possible free of cost up to 28 days before the start of the event. In case of a re-booking less than 28 calendar days prior to the event, a handling fee of 200.00 Euro will be charged.
(6) If you register up to eight weeks before the event, you will receive an early bird discount of five percent. This does not apply to a combined booking of workshop and conference, here the advertised combination price applies. Members of the BdP, DJV, DPRG, PRVA, SPRG and employees of CMF or GPRA member agencies receive a discount of ten percent on the participation fee. The personal membership of the participant must exist at the time of booking and be proven in writing. The discounts cannot be combined or calculated. If three participants from the same company register at the same time, you will receive a group discount of ten percent. The early booking discount and the discount for members of the BdP, the DJV, the DPRG, the PRVA, the SPRG and employees of CMF or GPRA member agencies does not apply to intensive courses and practice days.
§ 5 Schedule/Program Changes
(1) If the number of participants is too low and for other urgent reasons, the organizer may postpone, cancel or combine the event with other events. In this case, the participant has the right to withdraw from the contract. There shall be no further claims, in particular for reimbursement of expenses (cancellation fees for booked travel or hotel).
(2) The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the programme for important reasons. In particular, the organizer is entitled, in justified cases, to have the event carried out by persons other than the specified instructors.
§ 6 Documentation provided
Documents provided or made available by the School for Communication and Management (SCM) within the framework of the event may not be reproduced, processed using electronic systems, duplicated, distributed or used for public reproduction without the written permission of SCM. In the event of infringements, the participant must pay compensation if necessary.
§ 7 Warranty
We do not assume any guarantee for advice given or for the economic usability of acquired knowledge.
§ 8 Liability
(1) Claims for damages by the participant, regardless of the legal basis, in particular due to breach of duties arising from the contractual obligation and tort, are excluded. This shall not apply in the case of mandatory liability, e.g. in the case of intent or gross negligence, personal injury or breach of essential contractual obligations. However, in the event of a breach of material contractual obligations, liability shall be limited to compensation for the foreseeable, contract-typical, direct average damage, depending on the type of event, unless liability is mandatory for another of the aforementioned legal reasons.
(2) Otherwise, claims for damages – regardless of their legal nature – are limited to the amount of the participation fee.
(1) The SCM points out that applicants must provide their correct address data. SCM reserves the right to take legal action in the event of disregard.
§10 Image and film material
(1) The participant consents that SCM is entitled in principle to produce images and film material of events and thus of any possible depiction of his person in order to publish this as reference material.
§11 Final provisions
(1) To the extent that the written form is stipulated in these Conditions of Participation, the sending of an e-mail or a fax also corresponds to this written form.
(2) All legal relationships arising from the registration for participation in events offered by SCM within the framework of further training and qualification shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
(3) The contract language is German.
(4) The place of jurisdiction shall be Berlin if the applicant is a trader, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law.
(5) If any provision of these General Terms and Conditions should be invalid or contestable, the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected thereby.
§12 Right of withdrawal
(1) The following Para. 2 applies only to consumers, i.e. provided that the registration is made for a purpose which cannot be attributed to any commercial or self-employed professional activity.
(2) The contract can be revoked within 14 days after receipt of the registration confirmation. The revocation does not require any justification, but must be made in writing. The timely dispatch of the revocation is sufficient to meet the deadline.
Last updated: August 15, 2018
General Terms and Conditions for the Inkometa Award – organized by SCM c/o prismus communications GmbH
Applications for the Inkometa award are subject to a fee. An entry costs 290 Euro if it is received by the first closing date on 28 January. Entries received between the deadline (27 January) and the late deadline (27 February) will cost 395 Euro per entry. The second to third entry costs 250 Euro each. From the fourth entry onwards, a fee of 225 Euro per entry will be charged. In the event that the same entry is to be evaluated in more than one sub-category, this shall be charged at 150 euro per additional sub-category. All prices do not include VAT. Awards ceremony tickets are sold separately and are not included in the price, whereby finalists will receive a special prize. The invoice will be sent to participants via post upon receipt of their entry. Consideration will be given only to paid entries. For an extra charge of 700 Euro plus VAT, participants will receive an additional expertise for their competition entry.
It is by no means possible to cancel an entry once it has been submitted. As soon as the entry has been submitted subject to a fee in the registration form, no cancellation or refund of the participation fees is possible. Registration on the Inkometa-Intranet is free of charge.
No restriction is placed on the number of entries that can be submitted. If a jury member is involved in a competition entry – for example if both parties belong to the same company – the corresponding jury member will abstain from voting on the project in question. It is also possible to participate in projects that have already been represented in other competitions.
§4 Selection of winners
The jury alone selects the finalists. The decision of the jury is final and cannot be contested. The legal process is excluded. A shortlist will be released by the expert jury and the winners will be selected in two stages. The final jury uses this as a basis, but has a so-called “wildcard” and can therefore also post-nominate suitable entries.
§5 Use of data
§6 Prize-giving ceremony
Tickets for the prize-giving ceremony can be purchased at a price of 230 Euro (200 Euro from 3rd ticket) plus VAT. Shortlisted finalists will be offered tickets for a price of 175 Euro each. Tickets are available from 800 Euro plus VAT in combination with the Internal Communication conference (6 May). All prices do not include VAT. No guarantee is given for tickets for finalists either, so we recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. The usual SCM cancellation periods apply to ticket purchases.
§7 Image and film material
At the event, participants agree that the organizer SCM may produce and possibly publish images and film material.
§8 Cancellations and changes
The general terms and conditions of SCM apply.
Last updated: 7 May 2019